Systems Engineer (Full Time & Contract Short Term)
Elite Control Systems is one of Scotland’s leading providers of automation, control, and associated systems integration services. Our award-winning team, work across a broad range of UK and International manufacturing and process industries designing, building, and supporting control systems for some of the world’s best-known brands.
Our company is entering an exciting phase of growth and, we have an opening for an ambitious and hardworking individual. This opportunity will appeal to an individual that wants to grow with our business, work in a positive learning environment, whilst learning new skills and gain a unique but practical experience from working for one of Scotland’s most established and leading Engineering System Integrators.
Role Description and Key Responsibilities:
Engineering Projects including,
- PLC programming of control systems and configuration of SCADA.
- Involvement throughout whole systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation specifically production of FDS, Software Test Procedures and Site Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Working within a project team to customer deadlines.
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites.
- Site based Testing & Commissioning of the above Systems.
The role is largely office based but it will require periods of working at customers sites, mainly in Scotland but also occasional overseas assignments.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Control Systems Engineer with experience in the design and implementation of PLC Control Systems for a variety of industry sectors (including for example, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverages and Energy).
- Proven experience in mainstream PLC, SCADA and DCS Systems including; Rockwell Automation (ControlLogix PLC, Compact Logix PLC, RS Logix 5/500/5000, Studio 5000)
- Rockwell Automation Factory Talk View configuration
- Siemens (TIA Portal, Step 7, Winn CC)
- Siemens PCS 7
- Wonderware InTouch SCADA
- Proficy iFix
- Profibus / Profinet / Industrial Ethernet
- Production of Functional Design Specification
- Production of Schematic Diagrams
- Production of Software
- Build of Hardware
Secondary tasks including,
- Testing, commissioning and support
- Participating in Design Reviews
Personal Specification and Requirements:
- A desire to learn and grow with our business
- Excellent written skills for synopsis entries and Technical Documentation completion.
- Ability to contribute to and positively work in a team environment.
- A high degree of personal organisational skills and able to work to client deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Client focused, professional in representing our company with a commitment to client and service quality.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Overtime is paid for work completed beyond standard contracted hours.
- Flexible working arrangements by prior agreement.
- Pension and death in service package.
- Career development opportunities.
- First class and connected location between two major cities and an International airport
- Free onsite parking including electric car charge points.
- Cycle to work scheme on completion of probationary period.
At Elite you will enjoy a stimulating working environment with excellent opportunities for development and progression through our culture of enabling and supporting teams and individuals.
Location – Livingston Office
Compensation – Competitive Salary based on experience
Full time & Short Term Contract Opportunities available – please specify position being applied for.
A good match?
Apply today by sending us your CV with a Cover Letter!