Control Systems Engineer
Job Title: Control Systems Engineer – 37.5-hour week 08.30 – 16.30 (Flexible by arrangement)
Job Posted: 09/03/2020
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Reports To: Engineering Manager
We are located 10 minutes cycle from Livingston North Railway Station with trains from Glasgow and Edinburgh every 20 minutes. (Journey time Edinburgh approx. 20 minutes Glasgow 30 minutes)
The company is a leader in its’ sector and is a multiple award-winning business that delivers full engineering support services to many industries including; Food, Drink, Energy and PetroChem. Blue Chip clients include; Macallan, BP, Scottish Power, INEOS, Glenmorangie, Technip, Diageo, Liberty Steel and Oceaneering to name a few.
A broad range of specialised services and support is offered including; System design; PLC/SCADA and DCS integration as well as providing client system lifetime support services.
Our company is entering an exciting new phase of growth and, we have an opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking individual seeking an opportunity to work in a positive learning environment, learn new skills whilst at the same time gaining valuable practical experience of working for one of Scotland’s leading Engineering System Integrators.
Role Description and Key Responsibilities:
Engineering of Projects including;
- PLC programming of control systems and configuration of SCADA.
- Involvement throughout whole systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation specifically production of FDS, Software Test Procedures and Site Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Working within a project team to customer deadlines.
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites.
- Site based Testing\Commissioning of the above Systems.
- This role is predominantly office based but will require periods of working at customers sites, mainly in Scotland with potential for occasional overseas assignments.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Control Systems Engineer with experience in the design and implementation of PLC Control Systems for a variety of industry sectors (Oil & Gas, Food & Beverages and Energy).
- Proven experience in mainstream PLC, SCADA and DCS Systems including;
- Rockwell Automation (ControlLogix PLC, Compact Logix PLC, RS Logix 5/500/5000, Studio 5000)
- Rockwell Automation Factory Talk View configuration
- Siemens (TIA Portal, Step 7, Winn CC)
- Siemens PCS 7
- Wonderware InTouch SCADA
- Proficy iFix
- Profibus / Profinet / Industrial Ethernet
- Production of Functional Design Specification
- Production of Schematic Diagrams
- Production of Software
- Build of Hardware
- Secondary tasks of testing, commissioning and support
- Participating in Design Reviews
Personal Specification and Requirements:
- Excellent written skills for synopsis entries and Technical Documentation completion.
- Ability to contribute to and work in a team environment.
- Good personal organisational skills and able to work to client deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Client focused and professional in representing our company.
- Client focused and commitments to client and service quality.
- Overtime paid for work completed beyond contracted hours.
- Flexible working arrangements by prior agreement.
- Pension and death in service package.
- Career development opportunities.
- Free onsite parking including electric car charge points.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org