Despite everything, a huge well done to Eleanor, Jacqueline and Gracia for making sure that despite the lockdown, the Easter Bunny still managed to get out (Big thank you to Dawn at CCL Logistics too) and find all the Elite team and their families this Easter!
There are clearly many amazing sacrifices going on around the world just now but, sometimes it’s easy to overlook the work of many others doing their own wee bit to keep the country running. The Elite team are still supporting and helping make sure that many industries across the UK remain supported and functioning. That includes some of our engineers still supporting and going out 24×7 to help many well-known companies and industries that touch virtually everyone of us. Thank you team, and a special thanks back to the Mackay family from all of us in the team for your unwavering support.
Very proud to be working with every one of you.
Be safe and, Happy Easter from all of us at Elite!
Getting the logistics sorted..
A maximum of 3 items ..!
Firstly, and most importantly, we hope that everyone is safe and managing during these very challenging times.
Due to the current pandemic Elite Control Systems have activated several Business Safety and Business Continuity measures. These have been implemented in line with current Government instructions.
By way of a summary;
- Elite is still operating, and customer support remains open.
Tel: +44 (0)1506 237175
- All our engineers and administrative personnel have been fully enabled and are working from home. This measure has been fully deployed and tested over the past week and is working well.
- Our support service and support numbers are Active. We are still supporting our customers during this difficult time.
- Our support rota and escalation rota are fully active. An Engineer will be available unless in the days ahead circumstances beyond our control change this.
- Please note that if we receive a call requesting support, we will firstly aim to resolve the issue on the phone or using remote access tools. Many of the sites that we support have a remote access system in place. Other systems can be set on the go, like Team Viewer connections or ad hoc VPN connections.
- If we cannot resolve the incident using the former and, there is a request for us to mobilise to site, this will require to be reviewed by senior management of Elite who will follow latest Government guidelines. Additionally, a Method Statement and Risk Assessment will require to be prepared, reviewed and approved before any visit, to address potential risks related to the site works and specifically with regard to COVID19 risk.
- We will continue to monitor and update our support services on a regular basis and inform everyone of any changes to our support services if they happen.
- Please note – Further updates on this situation from Elite will be posted on the Elite Control Systems Web Page http://www.elitecontrols.com/business-continuity-update/
In the meantime, thank you for your understanding and please be assured that the entire Elite team are here to help and support you hopefully minimising the risk of any potential service interruption for all of our clients.
By now we are all aware of Corona virus (COVID-19) and how important it is to take steps to help contain the virus in the UK and beyond.
We want to let you know about some of the measures that we are taking to help mitigate health concerns whilst also continuing to provide ongoing critical business support services to our many clients. This includes;
- Visiting Elite House – we are now limiting visits to our office unless considered absolutely necessary and, where the meeting cannot be carried out using video or teleconferencing technology.
- Precautions for the health of our staff and customers – Best practice guidelines on hand washing, sanitising surfaces including door handles have been implemented.
- Staff Remote working – as a further precautionary measure, we have instigated remote / home working for most of our staff. A skeleton support team will operate from our Livingston office to deal with site support calls as normal and, until such time as government guidelines have changed.
Here’s how you can help us;
- Keep using the services of our company! We will all come through this and the Elite team are here and ready to help you.
- Please keep us informed of your plans – if one or more of our team are due to visit your premises and, if this needs to change, then we would appreciate if you would let us know as early as possible.
- Keep yourself healthy! – please follow current guidelines, washing your hands frequently, self-isolate if you have symptoms and cover your mouth with your elbow when you cough!
All of us at Elite will do everything that we can to support you whilst at the same time do our bit in helping prevent the spread of this virus.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation and understanding. Should you have any concerns about any current project or indeed anything else, please feel free to contact us directly or call your existing Elite contact.
Centre for Engineering Education and Development CeeD is the national body supporting a range of industry sectors in Scotland, bound together by a common aspiration to improve operational eﬃciency, eﬀectiveness and ultimately proﬁt through Peer to Peer knowledge exchange.
At the Glasgow Hilton CeeD Industry Awards ceremony 2020, Elite Controls won the highly prized Cyber Resilience Award. Elite’s Colin Crosbie exemplary work in this area impressed the panel judges who specifically cited our contribution to keeping the infrastructure of our many clients safe and secure.
Feeling very proud and a huge well done to everyone at Team Elite for making this happen.
The Build Up..
Bill, Colin, Brian and Sam
We are proud to announce that Elite Control Systems was this year’s winner of The Chamber Business Excellence Award for exceptional Innovation.
A huge, huge well done to all the Elite team! and very proud to see all our hard working and highly skilled team recognised in this way.
Last week saw Elite Control Systems Limited join forces with Asset Guardian Solutions Limited to hold their annual Charity Christmas Bake Off whilst raising funds for SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health).
Over 15 bakes were brought in by contestants which all came with a Christmas theme and included Christmas cake, chocolate truffles, Christmas Log, Apple Crumble and winning bake: Stem-Ginger Cupcakes as voted the contestants.
Contestants in this year’s Christmas Bake Off
Blaire Mcleod: Winner of the AGSL/ECS Christmas Bake Off 2018
the Christmas Bakes
Elite Control Systems Limited would like to thank everyone for their baking efforts and kind donations. By making a donation to SAMH, those in need this Christmas can access support services including Peer Support, Homelessness, Mental Health Outreach, Suicide prevention and more.
SAMH is a Scottish based charity that was founded in 1923 and operates 60 services in communities throughout Scotland, providing various mental health support services including Employment, Mental Health Outreach, Suicide Prevention and Active Living. More information on the charity and the services it provides can be found here.